Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mixer researching

So I started my journey into the land of home baking. Doing well. Sourdough, hot stone plate, great response from core audience at home. I'm there. So far I managed with a simple hand mixer and some serious manual work. Now it is time to take it to a new level- and to look for a suitable mixer for the hard work.
DIY mixer















Researching the topic is an interesting journey, bringing me across all sorts of different offerings.

Sure Kitchen Aids stand mixers are very popular, kind of a design icon, and might be the one with the best WAF/quality factor. I'm sure it will make a difference, especially their Pro Line (- and I comes in black, too!), and in many way it is the easy choice. But maybe too easy. I'm not sure if it has enough charm of raw machinery - and will it stand the test of time?



Swedish Assistent has a great prehistoric look 'n feel, and come with a huge bowl. It uses a rare rotating bowl system, and receives great reviews, and might also make up for a rational choice, but still I'm not sure if the rotating bowl is too weird, or if it actually will knead my precious dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment